Beekeeping Basics for Beginners
Our Bee School is full for this year.
Please consider attending a bee school at another nearby club. You can still join our club, attend our meetings, and learn in our apiary. See the list of other clubs at the bottom of this page.
Caught bee fever but don’t know where to start? Join us for a crash course in beginning beekeeping!
Classroom presentations will cover the basics, from honey bee biology, beekeeping equipment, pests and diseases that affect honey bees, getting started with your own hives, and more. Our speakers have decades of combined experience in beekeeping!
Participants will receive additional hands-on instruction through a series of field days at the 5CBA apiary, scheduled throughout the 2024 season. It’s an opportunity to work live bees and receive practical beekeeping instructions from experienced beekeepers.
The class fee covers:
- One day of classroom instruction with a printed copy of workshop resources
- Lunch and snacks provided
- Copy of The Beekeeper’s Handbook by Diana Sammataro and Alphonse Avitabile will be sent as soon as you sign up
- Multiple field days (dates and times TBD)
- Chance to win BEES or bee equipment
- A 1-year membership to 5CBA.
Due to our limited class size of 25 students, no refunds can be provided.
Saturday, Feb. 17, 2024
8:30 AM – 5 PM
multiple hands-on field days following the class
Bennett Bunn Lodge
1915 Old Bunn Rd.
Zebulon, NC 27597
The class is $75 for non-members or $60 for members.